This is the latest and most feature rich of Maker BASE integrated boards. It is called V1.4 Plus, this board has step down switch mode DC converter allowing for 12-24VDC input voltages.
Another change to the previous MKS versions - bottom side of the board has thermal pads for better sinking of heat. This is very useful for power MOSFETs and stepper driver ICs since you don't need any additional heatsinks for power electronics.
MKS Gen V1.4 features:
- All-in one board controlled by Atmega2560, compatible with Arduino IDE and all available popular reprap firmware developed for Arduino / MEGA 2560.
- High quality 4-layer PCB, high density SMT components assembly. No more through-hole MOSFETs, all power components are surface mounted.
- On firmware side - MKS Gen V1.4 is direct replacement for RAMPS 1.4, no need to change firmware configuration for new board. Same configuration will work.
- Support for RAMPS style headers for stepper motors as well as JST XHP connectors (you can solder-on 4-pin RAMPS style headers if needed)
- JST XHP connectors for steppers, end stops and thermistors
- On board step down switching DC-DC converter allows operation from 12V to 24V DC power.
- Popular LCD controllers can be connected directly to board, no need for adapter (RAMPS needs adapter).
- Outputs for 2 x RC Servos (if you need to control Z-probe)
- One MKS Gen V1.4 Plus board.