New MK3 design update as of May 7, 2016 - NTC thermistor mounted with screw, new high quality heater block, longer 30mm PTFE lined barrel
Assembly of this device is straight forward. Please consul with supplied drawings and pictures for visual clues. Use metal base, block or heatsink as mounting base.DIY Hotend features:
- 30mm long stainless PTFE lined barrel, for low friction, trouble free print.
- Nozzle is based on MK8 makerbot nozzle geometry and can be exchanged or replaced with many different types of nozzles on the market. This will give you good selection of nozzle orifice diameters.
- NTC 3950 100K pre-wired thermistor.
- New MK3 heater block with mountong screw for thermistor. Fast and easy mount.
- Small Size: 1.25mmx2.0mm glass bead
- High accuracy: 1%
- Resistance value at 25°C=100K
- Wiring insulation: high temperature teflon/PTFE
- Wiring length: 1 meter
- 1 x MK8 Nozzle 0.3, 0.4 or 0.5mm Extrusion (according to buyer selection).
- 1 x Stainless PTFE lined barrel.
- 1 x Aluminum heater block with one M3x3 setscrew, one M3x3 button head screw and one M3 washer.
- 1 x 12V 40W Cartridge heater.
- 1 x NTC 3950 Pre-wired thermistor