A DIY printer with professional results
Hephestos 2 is based on the Prusa i3, one of the most popular models in the RepRap community. With the latest version, we have evolved it to create a professional printer, while maintaining the spirit of the original. We have opted for a new design that enables us to achieve a larger printing volume
|Print Material||PLA, wood, bronze, cooper and FilaFlex 1.75mm|
|Hephestos 2 Dimensions||450 x 605 x 571 mm (17.7" x 23.8" x 22.5")|
|Hephestos 2 Weight||Product plus box: ~16kg (35.4 lbs)|
|Print Volume||210 x 297 x 220 mm (8.3" x 11.7" x 8.7")|
|Layer Resolution||50 - 300 micron|
|Safety||Extruder is fitted with an In-house designed protector.|
- Powder-coated steel base and frame.
- Hard chrome bars for the Y axis.
- LM8UU linear ball bearing on Y axis.
- Recirculating ball bearing guides with flat runner for the X and Z axes.
- Cable chain.
- Flexible couplings for the screwed rods of the Z axis.
- 3-point print bed levelling system with shock absorber.
- Rapid system for changing print bed.
- BQ Zum Mega 3D controller.
- BQ Zum Inductive Sensor to aid levelling of the bed.
- BQ Zum LCD Smart Controller graphical interface.
- 100K thermistor on the hot-end.
- Heat cartridge 12 V 40 W.
- New features: auto-levelling, manual levelling using inductive sensor exclusively designed for 3D printing, power-saver system
- Improved user interface
- Files accepted: .gcode
- Compatible operating systems: Windows XP or later, Linux and Mac OS X or later
- Marlin Firmware Update Ver 1.1 (ZIP)
- Slicing software: Cura, Slic3r
- Standard SD card reader
- Micro-USB type B port
- Assembly guide
- Warranty and FAQ
- Structural elements
- 4 GB SD card (with preloaded 3D example models)
- 5 spare PTFE tubes
- 2 cleaning needles