This is R2 build plate, August 2017 release. It has some improvements over previous R1 version:
- Build plate uses milled pocket (instead of cutout in previous version) to clear with MK1, MK2 type of heated bed connection pads.
- Now, it is possible to use build plate with both types of heaters: PCB and Silicone rubber heaters.
- Higher quality CNC machining, tolerances on flatness improved.
Aluminum Build Plate was designed to be used as heated build surface of typical 3d printer with 200 x 200 mm XY build area, it is compatible with MK1, MK2, MK2A and MK2B heat bed PCBs. Material is 3mm thick T6061-T6 aluminum alloy. Plate has sufficient thickness to prevent twists and maintain flatness across whole building area, which is necessary for first layer of print to stick to the surface. Plate uses countersunk mounting screws to eliminate possibility of hot end to run into a screw and damage itself. Another convenient feature is the milled channel for thermistor installation on the bottom of the plate. This feature makes assembly easy and clean, thermistor wiring is hidden in between plate and heated bed PCB.Aluminum Plate design features:
- Thick 3mm plate maintains flatness across whole area.
- Scratch resistant anodized surface.
- Hidden countersunk mounting screws.
- Kit uses high temperature resistant silicone rubber spacers instead of typical springs.
- Thermistor hidden in the milled channel on the bottom of the plate and easy to install.
- With short kit you can use your existing MK2, MK2A or MK2B or silicone heater and upgrade your printer at lower cost.
- 1 x Anodized Aluminum Build Plate 200x200mm.
- 4 x M3 x 25 Stainess socket head countersink screws.
- 8 x M3 Washers.
- 4 x M3 Locknuts.
- 1 x ~50mm High temp silicone rubber tubing.